"Being at the creation of a festival is both demanding and complex. Thanks to the dynamism and know-how of a team of seasoned professionals, we believe in its expansion. Passionate about cinema, respectful of the talent and involvement of the actors and actresses, today we are proud to give life to this festival by promoting French films and participating in the influence of French cinema internationally. Nothing would be possible without the professionals, the partners and the volunteers who surround us as well as the municipal will which pushes us to perfection. We take care of the smallest details. This is our commitment to the long-term success of the Aix-Les-Bains French Film Festival. - Franck Presti, co-founder & director
The first edition of the Aix-les-Bains French Film Festival will be held from Tuesday 21 to Saturday 25 June 2022. Between lake and mountains, Aix-les-Bains offers a real cinema setting. A meeting of AIXcellence combining the 7th art, gastronomy and eco-responsibility, emblematic values of the territory Aix-les-Bains Riviera des Alpes and whose godfather will be François Berléand and the official presenter Thierry Baumann.
The meetings of the festival :
- The organizers, professionals and enthusiasts of the French film have for will to develop the French cinema, to maintain a jewel of our culture, high place of the poetry and of the "true and peaceful art of living".
- This festival is also a true eco-responsible commitment that is in line with the values and philosophy of the territory of Aix-les-Bains Riviera des Alpes.
- Gastronomy, an essential and emblematic part of our region with its starred chefs and its AIXcellence chefs.
- The film schools of the region will participate in Masterclasses during this film festival.
The Victoria cinema will welcome the public with documentaries dedicated to the legends of French cinema.
- The Victoria cinema will host "Les Rencontres professionnelles des AIXploitants" on Thursday
- The André GROSJEAN cultural and congress center will host on Wednesday "Les Rencontres Littéraires du Festival". Works related to French cinema will be signed by their authors.
- The André Grosjean cultural and congress center will welcome the public with three films on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday related to the environment.
- The André Grosjean cultural and congress center will welcome the public, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evening, with three films out of competition, carte blanche to a personality of French cinema.
- An honorary prize will be awarded "L'AIXcellence du Festival" and given by François BERLÉAND, sponsor of the Festival, honoring a personality of AIXception for the whole of his career.
- The André Grosjean Cultural and Convention Center will welcome the public for five days, in the presence of the jury, the sponsor, the film teams, the actors and actresses, the guests of the festival and the partners, with six films in competition, two films out of competition and five prizes awarded as well as six short films in competition and three prizes awarded. Two prizes will also be awarded for hair & makeup.
The festival events :
- The Festival Village, located in the hall of the André Grosjean Cultural and Convention Center, will be open to the public and will bring together partners, artists and
- to the public and will bring together the partners and all the platforms intended for the press.
- The Festival's Red Carpet - The Ascent of the Steps Each evening, the arrival of the Festival participants will be broadcast live from the André Grosjean Cultural and Congress Center.
- The Cellar of the Festival by La Maison CAVAILLÉ, a VIP space located in the André Grosjean cultural and congress center, also open to the public with a 5-day pass or an artist's square pass.
- The Festival Photocall Three spaces dedicated to photos with the jury, the sponsor, the film teams, the actors, the Festival guests and the partners. 1. The Ascent of the steps - 2. the Cellar of the Festival by La Maison CAVAILLÉ VIP area - 3. the Gala Dinner
- Gastronomy Gala lunches and dinners orchestrated by starred chefs, Toqués and AIXcellence.
- The Literary Rendez-vous of the Festival Works signed by their authors.
- The Festival Boutique welcomes you to the André Grosjean Cultural and Congress Center, with articles designed and produced in a responsible manner. The Festival Shop on line on the Festival website.
- Presentation of the Jury
- The President of the Jury and the Jury composed of two women and two men will be revealed in May 2022.
- Presentation of the films in competition & out of competition
- The 6 films in competition and the 2 films out of competition will be announced in the second quarter of 2022 by Pierre & Arnaud de GARDEBOSC, directors of the program.
- Presentation of the short films in competition: The 6 short films in competition will be announced in the second quarter of 2022 by Pierre & Arnaud de GARDEBOSC, directors of the program.
- Presentation of the Directors & Producers - Presentation of the Actors & Actresses: The presentation will be communicated during the second quarter of 2022, by Pierre & Arnaud de GARDEBOSC, directors of the programming.
The festival prizes created by Leloluce
- Film Awards: L'AIXcellence du Jur, L'AIXcellence du Public, L'AIXcellence de l'Actrice, L'AIXcellence de l'Acteur, L'AIXcellence Femmes d'AIXception, L'AIXcellence mise en lumière Coiffure, L'AIXcellence mise en lumière Maquillage
- Short Film Awards: The Jury's Short of the Lake, The Public's Short of the Lake, The Women's Short of the Lake of AIXception, The Festival's AIXcellence
The guests of the festival : The first names unveiled
Chantal Ladesou, Mare Fugain, Antoine Duléry, Clémentine Célarié, Laurent Gerra, Firmine richard, Daniel Prévost, Ciela Ventura, Charlotte Kady, Norbert Saada, Nadine Trintignant
The literary meetings of the festival (works signed by their authors) on Wednesday, June 22 at the André Grosjean cultural and congress center:
- Laurent Delmas France Inter - Truffaut film by film & Depardieu Hors normes
- Eric Libiot France Inter - We have the heroes we deserve
- Daniel Prévost - Autobiography of me by me
- Antoine Duléry - IMITACTEUR
- Firmine Richard - What is destined for you, the current does not carry it away
- Gérard and Julien Camy - Sport and cinema
- Clélia & Léon Ventura - Wait for me my love
- Norbert Saada - Producer of legends
- Nadine Trintignant - It's for life or for a moment
(Source : Press release)