Exhibition - Dreamhack 2020 : The place to be in Anaheim if you are a real gamer
Par Mulder, Anaheim, convention center, le 22.02.2020
“I cannot express our excitement at bringing DreamHack to the great city of Anaheim for our first-ever West Coast festival weekend — especially because it comes on the heels of our 25th-anniversary celebration,” said DreamHack Co-CEO Marcus Lindmark. “This debut event in Anaheim will be a not-to-be-missed experience for fans of esports and all things gaming.”
Celebrating 25 years worldwide, DreamHack is a gaming lifestyle festival where communities from all walks of gaming life come together for a three-day weekend celebrating digital culture both IRL (in real life) and online. DreamHack Anaheim features a 24-hour-a-day LAN (Local Area Network ) party; esports gaming competitions; university matches; live music concerts; film screenings; stream studio; console, PC and arcade games; tabletop games; expo; cosplay championship; art gallery; indie game zone; main stage with live music; escape room; panel discussions, workshops and keynote speakers; and a host of other activities. Gamers can participate or watch professionals compete in esports tournaments with hundreds of thousands of prize dollars on the line.
DreamHack , the premiere gaming lifestyle festival is since yesterday at the Anaheim Convention Center . The 24 hour-a-day festival weekend features everything gaming under one roof and is jam-packed with pro esports tournaments, amateur and varsity gaming tournaments, world-famous bring your own computer (BYOC) LAN party, cosplay championship, panels, art, activities, expo, screenings, live music and more.
The DreamHack Expo’s is actually 122 exhibitor booths feature an incredibly diverse group of indie video game developers; tabletop games; acclaimed gaming artists; student showcase; representatives from the U.S. Navy; new charity partners 1Up On Cancer, Stack Up, and Rise Above the Disorder (RAD); and much more.
DreamHack Anaheim makes the festival’s West Coast debut, the three-day event attract regional, national and international superstar developers and programmers, streamers, pro gamers, entertainment industry leaders and celebrities to the expo and variety of events. Many activities will be displayed in the Expo, with each dedicated to a niche of the gaming lifestyle, including:
Indie Playground :
Independent gaming developers/publishers from all over the world will be in Anaheim to display 49 new games to attendees, including the much-buzzed-about:
- Fantasy Strike, designed by former Street Fighter developer David Sirlin
- Heartbound is a non-traditional, role-playing game about a boy, his dog, secrets and sanity
- Inscryption is the latest incredible game from Daniel Mullins Games (Pony Island, Hex)
- Ready or Not is a realistic tactical FPS with amazing visuals from new studio Void Interactive
- Arcanium merges Roguelike and Deckbuilding genres for a real-time strategy digital collectible card game
- Chromatose is a horror nightmare merging a Visual Novel with a role-playing game
- Guildings is a tiny adventure by Asher Vollmer (Threes) and IGF award-winner Jamie Antonisse
Artist Alley :
A total of 26 superstar artists will be displaying work for sale, including:
- Jisu - creates prints and charms with an anime flair, who has been commissioned by both Twitch and Corsair,
- Studio WW - run by a CG artist from Hong Kong creating a gorgeous webcomic called GhostBlade,
- Rose Gold Jelly - makes adorable plushies like the Switch Cat and hyper-detailed enamel pins.
More information can be found here :
• Facebook Event: DreamHack Anaheim 2020 Event
• Facebook Page: /DreamHack
• Twitter: @DreamHack
• Instagram: @DreamHack
• Snapchat: DreamHackLive
You can discover our first photos here
Photos : Felipe Acevedo / Mulderville
(Source press release)